Scholarly Publishing & Author’s Rights: Your Writing and Your Rights
Scholarly Publishing & Author’s Rights: Your Writing and Your Rights Online
Celebrating Open Access Week 2020 at Queens College Library
Publishing your research is an important part of your work, but publishing contracts can be arcane and complex, often leaving authors without a clear sense of what rights they still possess over their own works. Do you have to sign away your copyright? Can you still put your work on your website, or share it with your colleagues and students? And what the heck is a post-print, anyway?
If you’ve found yourself asking any of these questions, or if you’d like to know more about what you can and can’t do with your own work after it’s published, this is the right workshop for you! We will cover:
- The rights included in copyright
- Things to look for in publisher contracts
- What you can/can’t share and how
- And how to advocate for yourself!
RSVP is appreciated but not required. You can RSVP here!
This event will be held via Zoom. Please click this link to enter the virtual meeting room when the event begins, or click on the Event URL at the bottom of this announcement.
For inquires: Nancy Foasberg: Nancy.email@example.com
- Thursday, October 22, 2020
- 3:00PM - 4:00PM
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81157884290?pwd=QmU3QnJEOXhIYkRlSUdPenFURlp0QT09